Sellers from around the world make an effrort to come up with the most powerful selling technique that will reach every customer. Experienced sellers, those who achieve real successes, know that such a technique has existed for a long time. Furthermore, they effectively use it. About this technique, which is not so typically persuasive, you can read in this article. And you may be surprised that you have known it for years. This technique is simply asking wise questions. There is no more powerful and effective tool in the seller’s arsenal than just the ability to ask conscious and directing questions.
The aim of meeting people
However, before we deal with this technique, we should raise another important issue. It is even fundamental for further considerations. This fundamental issue is a clear and precise definition of the purpose of meeting with the client.
You may be offended and say that this goal is defined by itself. “To sell. It’s obvious!” Well, it is not exactly true.
The most effective sales people meet with customers to build relationships with them. And during the “sales” talks they put the main emphasis on learning about the real needs of the client. And for this they use the most secret and most effective persuasion technique which is wise asking of deliberately built questions.
Three important words
Wise, that is, those that drive the process of building relationships Consciously asked, i.e. thought-out, precise, clear and of course adequate to the context. As I wrote above, asking questions is used by effective salespeople to meet customer needs and build relationships with him. So they ask wise and conscious questions. Then they listen to the answer. The best of them take notes what customers say to them. For what? To show that they respect the interlocutor. They record key words used by the client to use them later in the conversation. How do they use them?
It’s easy. The ask more questions! These questions are intended to clarify what is behind the word.
Asking question – example
Let’s assume that our Experienced Salesman has figured it out that for his customer safety is the most important thing (regardless of what the goods are).
It is then, his duty to ask the customer, for example:
1. What does security mean to you?
2. What conditions will make you feel safe?
3. What do you primarily want to avoid?
Of course, you can multiply these questions. The point is for the client to talk about what is meant by security.
This is what is gained with the most powerful selling technique
Thanks to this approach, when our Experienced Salesman sums up, using a wise paraphrase what he heard from the client will gain several advantages:
1. The customer will feel that he is talking to a person who understands him perfectly (thanks to the fact that while talking to him, the Seller used the customer’s keywords, inquired about what they mean and summarized it all according to what he heard from the customer)
2. Build a relationship for the reasons above
3. He met the client’s needs and can now match his offer exactly to his needs
4. Note: The biggest secret of Experienced Sellers:
If this analysis shows that his product or service is in no way a response to the needs of the customer, because they are not able to solve his problems, then they tell customers. Honestly and openly.
And this strengthens the relationship again. People hate being pushed. And they are surprised when the seller does not.
Summarizing the most powerful selling technique
1. Experienced Sellers, as the most effective persuasion technique use asking wise and consciously built questions.
2. Thanks to them, they build relationships with clients and get to know their real problems, expectations and needs.
3. How to show the client that the product or service they offer are the solutions that the client expects.
4. You also read that if they are Experienced Sellers, they tell the customer in an openly.
5. Thanks to this, by not pressing and not pressing the customer what he does not need, they strengthen the relationship and gain respect.
6. They leave the door open because their needs evolve. And when they appear, an experienced salesman can be sure that the customer will contact him and tell their friend that he has met someone who is worth talking to.
7. Asking questions Experienced Sellers ensure the right atmosphere. They create comfortable conditions for the client, so their conversation with the client would not resemble an interview.
Some hints for you
Of course, whether you use this technique depends only on you. You can keep looking for others.
Before you make a decision, think and think about how you would consciously build wise questions. Think also what you could achieve thanks to it.